Maxim Healthcare Services is currently seeking a Registered Nurse to provide services in the Operating Room at a world renowned research hospital in Bethesda, MD:
- Excellent opportunity to gain entry into federal employment
- Rewarding experience in public service for your country
- Easy travel: federal Property allows you to work on any active, unrestricted state license
- Full time 40 hrs per week, Monday-Friday 7:00am-5:30pm, 8, 9, or 10 hr day shifts
- Assembles equipment, such as tourniquet, needles, and disposable containers for needles, blood collection devices, gauze, cotton, and alcohol on work tray, according to requirements for specified tests or procedures.
- Verifies or records identity of patient or donor and converses with patient or donor to allay fear of procedure.
- Applies tourniquet to arm, locates accessible vein, swabs puncture area with antiseptic, and inserts needle into vein to draw blood into collection tube or bag.
- Withdraws needle, applies treatment to puncture site, and labels and stores blood container for subsequent processing.
- Other Phlebotomist duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or its equivalent.
- Full command, verbal and written, of the English language.
- Successful completion of Phlebotomist training with subsequent certification as a Phlebotomist.
- Requires Phlebotomy experience in a hospital or outpatient setting. Preferred with Donor experience but will consider strong experience with drawing samples. Current PPD or Chest X-ray.
- Current CPR card (American Heart Association BLS)
- Current Health Certificate (if applicable)
- Requires Phlebotomy experience in a hospital or outpatient setting.
- Preferred experience with Donor experience but will consider strong experience with drawing samples.
- American Heart Association BLS