Copper Springs is a 72-bed behavioral hospital located in Avondale, AZ. The hospital offers inpatient and outpatient mental health and addiction treatment to adults, adolescents and their families. At Copper Springs we are dedicated to Changing People’s Lives®
As an Activities Therapist Coordinator, you will be a member of the clinical services team at Copper Springs. Our team drives a “Clinical First” attitude to help fulfill our mission of “Changing People’s Lives®”. Our Activities Therapists utilize an approve recreation program to assist patients in developing interpersonal relationships to further develop confidence needed to participate in group activities. Our patient centric approach delivers superior outcomes for our patients.
Members of our team Enjoy:
- Working with a highly engaged staff
- Healthy staffing levels
- Flexible scheduling
- Career growth
- Competitive compensation
- ATA serves as a member of the interdisciplinary team to provide recreational and activity services to patients hospitalized for treatment of substance abuse, dual diagnosis, or psychiatric or emotional disorders.
- With the oversight of a certified AT, ATA plans, organizes and directs medically approved recreation programs, including such activities as sports, dramatics, games, arts and crafts to assist patients to develop interpersonal relationships, to socialize effectively, and to develop confidence needed to participate in group activities
- ATA regulates content of the programs in accordance with patients’ capabilities, needs, interests and treatment plan.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institute in recreation related field preferred.
- CPR and CPI Certification within 30 day of employment.
- Previous experience in psychiatric health care facility, with direct experience working with chemical dependency, dual diagnosis, psychiatric and geriatric patients preferred.