This job is archived
Seeking a Full-Time Permanent Pathologists' Assistant!
This not-for-profit regional health system is adding to their team! This medical center is one of the state's busiest hospitals with over 25,000 inpatient admissions on an annual basis, and have over 420 licensed beds. They are nationally recognized for their emergency heart attack response and cancer care. Their laboratory offers a full range of diagnostic testing. The facility is conveniently located right outside of Baltimore in the Chesapeake Bay!
Shift: Full-Time Day shift, 8a-4:30p, Mon-Fri.
Under the supervision of the pathologist, assists with preparing, dissecting, and selecting pathology specimens for analyses.
Essential Job Duties:
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Espouses the principals of Lean Thinking and creates a work environment that positively promotes continuous process improvements. Explores opportunities to add value to the job to benefit the organization.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Maintains laboratory supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Orders or accessions appropriate tests in LIS as requested.
- Under the general supervision of a Pathologist, assists in the collection (autopsy) and gross examination of surgical and autopsy specimens for diagnostic evaluation and reporting.
- Assists Pathologist with frozen section by preparing tissue and producing slides.
- Operates and maintains laboratory instrumentation. Performs preventative maintenance and troubleshoots problems to the full extent of ability.
- Actively participates in the laboratory quality plan/program.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university with course work sufficient to meet the requirements of the American Society of Clinical Pathology (ASCP) for certification as a Pathologists Assistant.
- In lieu of ASCP Certification as a Pathologists Assistant, consideration will be given to those who have completed a four year medical degree and at least one year of pathology residency.
- Preferred Qualifications: One year of experience in an acute care facility PA(ASCP).
- Certification as a Pathologist Assistant