Serves as a Paramedic or as part of the Medical Treatment Facility ambulance service while performing invasive advanced life support procedures. Paramedics will perform both basic and advanced life support emergency medical treatment to provide the most extensive prehospital care to significantly increase patient survivability and reduce the possibility of Long-term complications from serious illness or injury.
- Responds to the site of accidents or other emergencies involving injury or illness and potential environmental risks.
- Upon arrival at emergency scene, the paramedic makes an independent preliminary assessment of scene safety, number of victims, and the need for additional resources.
- Coordinates with other responding agencies to ensure safe and rapid access to the patient(s) without endangering victims, bystanders, or other emergency personnel.
- Each incident is typically unstructured with each contact being based on unique circumstances.
- Attempt to ascertain whether the patient has pre-existing medical problems and solicits a comprehensive medical and drug history from the patient that includes the names, strength, and dosage of drugs taken.
- Prioritize treatments for patients having multiple problems.
- Provide treatment as prescribed by protocol and contacts online medical control to deviate from established treatment protocol(s) as necessary.
- Determines, with regard for the patient's condition, how the patient can best be moved and to which medical facility the patient should be transported based on their injuries.
- Prepares and maintains a variety of charts, reports, forms, and logs in support of the medical treatment facility and is required to complete documents in both written and computer generated formats.
- Minimum of two years of active experience practicing at the Paramedic level.
- Graduate from an accredited Nationally Registered Paramedic Program (NRP).
- Board Certification.
- Certifications in addition to Basic Life Support.
- Have practical knowledge with major body systems to perform patient examination and to provide prompt and efficient patient care.
- Skilled in emergency communication techniques, and the operation of communications equipment, to accurately obtain and relay information to and from dispatchers and healthcare providers.
AKAHI ASSOCIATES LLC
AKAHI Associates is a premier provider of healthcare workers to various military treatment facilities across the United States. With a corporate office in Honolulu, Hawaii and recruiting office in San Antonio, Texas we specialize in providing skilled, trained and highly successful healthcare workers, including RNs, CRNAs, Physicians, LPN/LVN, Licensed Social Workers, and many more.
We have a strong focus on providing our government customers with quality and superior service.
Akahi Associates is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. For further information, please click the link below to view the EEO Is The Law poster.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Only qualified individuals who are being considered will be contacted for an interview.