This job is archived
Why You’ll Love this Job
We are a growing group looking for a new or experienced Optometrist to join our team! Education is one of our passions, and we are always looking to help our team grow and progress in this field. We offer extremely competitive pay and benefits, and are looking to provide an environment that allows a candidate to put down roots with their family. If you are focused on offering a great patient experience and want to work as a part of an outstanding and dedicated team, this is the place for you!
Job Duties and Responsibilities
The Optometrist examines, diagnoses, treats, and manages diseases and disorders of the visual system, the eye and associate structures as well as diagnoses related systemic conditions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Examines eyes, using observation, instruments and pharmaceutical agents, to determine visual acuity and perception, focus and coordination, and to diagnose diseases and other abnormalities such as glaucoma, diabetic or macular degeneration and dry eyes.
- Prescribe medications to treat eye diseases if state law permits.
- Prescribe, supply, fit and adjust eyeglasses, contact lenses and other vision aids.
- Analyze test results and develop a treatment plan.
- Remove foreign bodies from eye.
- Consult with and refer patients to ophthalmologist.
- Provide patients undergoing eye surgeries, such as cataract, with pre- and post-operative care.
- Provide vision therapy and low-vision rehabilitation.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate is someone who is considered by others as patient-focused, works well in a team environment, and is looking to put down roots.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
State of Missouri licensure, DEA and BNDD certifications required.
TalentCare is a disruptive, data-driven healthcare recruiting firm with clinical and non-clinical positions nationwide. You will hear about exclusive, direct hire job openings that provide you career mobility and growth. With TalentCare on your side, you are:
- Matched with jobs based on advanced predictive analytics, so you will fit and perform well
- Hired directly by the client company, whether full-time or part-time
- Never hounded by other firms about our job openings – they’re all 100% exclusive