This job is archived
Why You’ll Love this Job
Are you an Optometrist who would like to work in a growing practice with a large team of experienced doctors? Do you want to eliminate the stress of building your patient clientele, and instead spend your time focused on high-quality patient care in a well-established environment? Are you looking for the chance to work with the latest technologies to provide cutting-edge treatment and practice at the top of your license? Join our team as our newest Optometrist!
Our bustling city is a great place to live, with all the perks of a metropolitan area and an amazing small town vibe. You will love your new role in a practice that is a long-time pillar of the community and has a supportive, growing team. Apply today.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
The Optometrist examines, diagnoses, treats and manages diseases and disorders of the visual system, the eye and associated structures as well as diagnose related systemic conditions.
Optometrist Duties and Responsibilities:
- Efficiently provide comprehensive examinations, medical treatment and follow up, post-operative care, and contact lens fitting and follow up with appropriate levels of posting and patient recall
- Prescribe medications to treat eye diseases if state law permits.
- Prescribe, supply, fit and adjust eyeglasses, contact lenses, and other vision aids.
- Analyze test results and develop a treatment plan.
- Remove foreign bodies from the eye.
- Consult with and refer patients to an ophthalmologist.
- Provide patients undergoing eye surgeries, such as cataract, with pre- and post-operative care.
- Provide vision therapy and low vision rehabilitation.
- Recommend appropriate lens materials and enhancements to patients
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate is someone who is considered by others as patient-focused, works well in a team environment, and displays positive energy.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Required: O.D. licensed to practice in Oregon.
TalentCare is a disruptive, data-driven healthcare recruiting firm with clinical and non-clinical positions nationwide. You will hear about exclusive, direct hire job openings that provide you career mobility and growth. With TalentCare on your side, you are:
- Matched with jobs based on advanced predictive analytics, so you will fit and perform well
- Hired directly by the client company, whether full-time or part-time
- Never hounded by other firms about our job openings – they’re all 100% exclusive