(Reference Code: JAW1253)
Internationally-Recognized Blood Center is looking for a Clinical Laboratory Technologist who is looking for the opportunity to step into a process-improvement focused role as a QC Lab Tech/Stem Cell Tech. This organization has been known for its excellence in performance through the use of cutting-edge innovation in combination with diligent customer service, groundbreaking research, and comprehensive program and service development.
This position works in the Blood Bank and the candidate in this role will perform cell and plasma aliquots, cell culture and PCR assays as well as selected tests, while ensuring/maintaining the integrity and identity of all blood specimens.
Ideal Candidate: The ideal candidate will have an Associates degree in Biological Sciences (Hematology or Biology preferred), along with NYS Clinical Lab Technologist license and at least one year of Biomedical Lab experience.
- Hematology testing according to laboratory SOPs
- Accessioning in database
- Slide staining and organizing storage of blood specimens
- Performing centrifugation of samples and aliquots
- Inoculating culture broths and making subcultures of positive broths
- Preparing shipping and receiving lists
- Monitoring cultures in incubators
- Handling sample preparation for CFU (Colony Forming Unit) assays (sterile technique)
- Utilizing computer software to document Colony Scoring and Identification
- Participating in the Laboratory’s in-house quality control program
- Participating in in-house Laboratory training programs, as well as instrument-specific and NYBC CGMP training
- Handling other related functions as needed
*To be considered for this opportunity, please click apply and qualified candidates will be screened as soon as possible!*