Full-time Medical Technologist needed at a top facility in Pennsylvania!
(Reference Code: KAM)
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Performs routine and/or specialized testing and procedures with supervision as appropriate.
- Performs a variety of duties at progressively greater skill levels under varying degrees of supervision; records results. May operate a variety of laboratory instruments.
- Performs quality control and instrument check procedures and maintains related records.
- Oversees the work of other personnel by training, allocating and monitoring work. Performs work of a similar nature.
- Performs surveys and does comparative analyses of work units; may participate in research activities and investigates new products, equipment, techniques, methodologies, and introduces, demonstrates, effects, and recommends as is appropriate.
- Innoculates, cultivates, classifies and identifies microorganisms found in bodily fluids, exudates, skin scrapings, autopsy and surgical specimens in order to provide data on cause, treatment and prevention of infectious diseases.
- May group or type blood of donors and recipients. May determine compatibility of donor blood products with intended recipient.
- May perform chemical and/or immunological tests to identify and/or quantitate substances found in blood and other body fluids.
- Counts, describes morphology of, and performs specialized studies on blood and other body fluid cells. Performs coagulation testing.
- May consult with medical staff and other health care providers on matters relating to laboratory services.
- Assists in implementing policies and procedures for department operation.
Bachelor's Degree in Medical technology or a related science
Experienced certified generalist (e.g., MLS (ASCP))
3 - 5 years experience preferred
Offering competitive compensation and complete benefits!!
For more information, please submit your resume for review or email it to me directly: [Register to View]