Performs and reports various analyses from multiple specimen sources. Performs duties to provide the highest level of patient care and maximize patient satisfaction. Meets the qualifications to provide care for patients in the specific age range on their assigned clinical area.Job Duties:
- Maintains an expected level of productivity.
- Manages multiple work processes efficiently.
- Completes tasks in a timely manner.
- Handles specimens properly.
- Confirms identification and specimen suitability.
- Uses appropriate accessioning procedures.
- Recognizes discrepancies on patient orders.
- Resolves and reports problems and solutions as appropriate.
- Performs and records instrument maintenance, troubleshooting, and quality control.
- Replenishes reagents and supplies according to established protocols.
- Follows established reporting procedures, computerized, verbal, and manual as appropriate.
- Navigates and accesses multiple computer applications as needed for job functionality.
- Assists in the training and orientation of new employees.
- Participates in educational activities to maintain current knowledge in the field.
- Successful completion of initial and subsequent competency exams required.
Education Qualification and Details
Medical Technologist/Medical Laboratory Scientist:
Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited college/university AND successful completion of an ASCP/NAACLS-accredited Medical Technology program OR;
Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited college/university with a major in biological, chemical, physical or clinical laboratory science AND ASCP categorical certification OR;
Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited college/university with a major in biological, chemical, physical, or clinical laboratory science AND at least two years' experience in a role equivalent to that of a Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT) in a clinical laboratory
Knowledge of medical terminology and laboratory information systems preferred.
Registry-eligible technologists are encouraged to apply.
Medical Lab Technician:
Associate degree in a laboratory science with certification (or eligible new graduate) from an accredited institution as either a Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT)
Minimum 1 year of experience in a hospital laboratory preferred.
Familiarity with medical terminology and laboratory information systems preferred.
Military experience will be considered. US Army 68K Medical Laboratory Specialist, US Navy Medical Laboratory Technician, US Air Force Medical Laboratory Apprentice.
"A place that gives you opportunity and takes your breath away."