*Full time and permanent position*
Molecular Supervisor, all shifts available
The person in this position is a licensed Medical Technologist (MT) who supervises and oversees all technologists within the molecular department, maintaining acceptable TAT, troubleshoots problems, dealing with clients, etc. The person in this position must have the advanced skills necessary to perform all the duties of a Molecular Diagnostics Technologist III Lead.
- Provide leadership and supervise/manage assigned department, make decisions, solve problems, develop procedures, and conduct and attend meetings.
- Manage the employee hiring process including developing and updating job descriptions in conjunction with the Human Resources, developing performance expectations, identifying essential functions and knowledge, skills and abilities required for applicable positions.
- Supervise/manage employee and team performance, new employee orientation processes, employee training and continuing education.
- Manage employee performance by coaching, counseling, motivating, and evaluating employees on a continual basis. Implement disciplinary action as needed and in consultation with Human Resources.
- Ensure effective employee relations by sustaining an ethical, non-discriminatory and safe work environment and establishing effective communication lines and methods. Identify and solve employee problems, manage conflict, and respond to grievances as needed.
- Performs all duties of a Molecular Diagnostics Technologist III Lead.
- Manages the ordering and inventory of supplies for the department.
- Responsible for validating and correlations on new equipment and new procedures that pertain to the departments.
- Responsible for the performance calibration verification for all departmental equipment.
- Responsible for equipment maintenance including training of staff when appropriate.
- Develop, implement and maintain effective departmental QA programs and monitors.
- Coordinate the maintenance, development and implementation of departmental policies and procedures.
- Responsible for meeting the compliance guidelines for the laboratory industry.
- Exercise all laboratory safety precautions and adhere to lab procedures as stated in procedure manuals.
- Perform all job responsibilities in alignment with the industry’s best security practices and regulatory guidelines to protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of protected health information and other sensitive company data.
- Must be familiar with and abide by the Corporate Compliance Program and all corporate policies, including the Privacy and Security policies.
DUCATION & LICENSURE:
- Bachelors Degree
- National certification by the American Society of Clinical Pathology (ASCP) as a Clinical Laboratory Specialist in Molecular Biology or as a Medical Technologist (MT).
- Must hold a valid Tennessee State Laboratory License.
- Maintains appropriate continuing education for certification and licensure.
To apply please submit your resume directly or send your resume to [Register to View]