This job is archived
(Archived) MT - Medical Technologist
Under the general supervision of the Laboratory Team Leader or Division Manager, performs a variety of technical and general duties at an advanced skill level. Functions in one or more laboratory division. Functions independently with minimal supervision.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs routine and/or specialized testing and procedures with supervision as appropriate.
- Performs a variety of duties at progressively greater skill levels under varying degrees of supervision; records results. May operate a variety of laboratory instruments.
- Performs quality control and instrument check procedures and maintains related records.
- Performs surveys and does comparative analyses of work units; may participate in research activities and investigates new products, equipment, techniques, methodologies, and introduces, demonstrates, effects, and recommends as is appropriate.
- Innoculates, cultivates, classifies and identifies microorganisms found in bodily fluids, exudates, skin scrapings, autopsy and surgical specimens in order to provide data on cause, treatment and prevention of infectious diseases.
- May perform chemical and/or immunological tests to identify and/or quantitate substances found in blood and other body fluids.
- Counts, describes morphology of, and performs specialized studies on blood and other body fluid cells. Performs coagulation testing.
- Trains other employees in day to day procedures.
- Participates in department specific and/or system-wide projects of varying scope and duration.
- Assists in implementing policies and procedures for department operation.
- Enters or retrieves data from established computer files.
What you will need...
- Bachelor's Degree in Medical technology or a related science
- Experienced certified generalist (e.g., MLS (ASCP), HT (ASCP), HTL (ASCP) or categorical certification (e.g., H(ASCP), M(ASCP), etc.)
- 2 - 3 years’ experience required
- 3-5 year experience preferred
- Other Good communication and computer skills
**Sign on bonus and relocation assistance offered if needed**
Looking to relocate? I can be a resource for that!
Want more information? Reach out to Megan at [Register to View] or email resume to [Register to View]
Qualified? CLICK and APPLY NOW