This job is archived
(Archived) Medical Technologist
Job Summary: Under the general supervision of the Laboratory Team Leader or Division Manager, performs a variety of technical and general duties at a basic skills and knowledge level. Functions in one or more laboratory division.
- Permanent, Full - time, EVENING shift
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs routine and/or specialized testing and procedures with supervision as appropriate.
- Performs quality control and instrument check procedures and maintains related records.
Innoculates, cultivates, classifies and identifies microorganisms found in bodily fluids, exudates, skin scrapings, autopsy and surgical specimens in order to provide data on cause, treatment and prevention of infectious diseases.
- May group or type blood of donors and recipients.
- May determine compatibility of donor blood products with intended recipient.
- May perform chemical and/or immunological tests to identify and/or quantitate substances found in blood and other body fluids.
- Counts, describes morphology of, and performs specialized studies on blood and other body fluid cells. Performs coagulation testing.
- Cuts, stains, and mounts specimens of human tissue.
- Performs special stains and/or immunohistochemical testing on tissues as directed by the pathologist(s).
What you will need...
- Bachelor’s Degree in Medical technology or a related science
- Certified as a medical technologist or equivalent. License if required
- Completion of student clinical rotations
**Sign on bonus and relocation assistance offered if needed**
Looking to relocate? I can be a resource for that!
Want more information? Reach out to Megan at [Register to View] or email resume to [Register to View]
Qualified? CLICK and APPLY NOW