Maxim Healthcare Services is currently seeking Medical Technologist to provide services at our client site in support of Veteran Affairs.
The duties and requirements of the Medical Technologists are as follows:
- Receives and if required, accessions into the Laboratory Information System (LIS), various specimens, e.g., blood, urine, body fluids, bacterial cultures. Checks requests to ensure that all pertinent information required to generate and communicate test results to the ordering clinician is provided.
- Performs manual WBC (White Blood Count) differentials and red cell morphology tests.
- Evaluates and determines the suitability of specimens for analysis and requests new specimens if the originals are unsuitable. Prepares specimens for analysis, ensuring that the physiologic state of properties is maintained.
- Operates the following Clinical Pathology analyzers, demonstrating full competence with the equipment:
- Chemistry (routine/immunological), e.g., Siemens, Beckman PWS for NYHHS Medical Technologists Contract Page 2
- Hematology and coagulation, e.g., Beckman Coulter
- Urinalysis, e.g., Atlas
- Releases verified (within quality control guidelines) patient results to the LIS.
- Responsible for instrument maintenance.
- Able to troubleshoot and correct minor instrument functioning impediments.
- Conducts control procedures of reagents and products and maintains daily accurate test results that are professionally accurate.
- Performs and successfully completes periodic proficiency tests (CAP and internal) on “unknown” specimens as evidenced by satisfactory scores.
- Logs data into patient information systems and updates file systems for tests performed.
- Applies the profession’s code of ethics in all aspects of practice.
- Communicates with customers (e.g., veterans, family members and the public), co-workers and supervisors in a courteous, tactful, friendly and cooperative manner.
- Adheres to all facility- and service-level policies and procedures, including those related to infection control, patient safety, emergency procedures and communication of critical test results.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Timeliness Standards. Complies with the following timeliness standards:
- Tests ordered as STAT must have results verified and released into the LIS, within one (1) hour. Results must be communicated to the ordering provider or surrogate by telephone.
- Tests ordered as URGENT must have results verified and released into the LIS within three (3) hours.
- Tests ordered for TODAY must have results verified and released by the end of the shift but in no case in more than 24 hours.
- Tests ordered as ROUTINE must have results verified and released into the LIS within one (1) week or sooner.
- Candidates must be certified as generalist Medical Technologists, Medical Laboratory Scientists, by the American Society of Clinical Pathologists (ASCP) or by American Medical Technologists (AMT).
- Medical Technologists/ Technicians must be proficient in spoken and written English.. - - - Must be computer literate as patient documentation is directly input in the patient’s electronic medical record. Furthermore, additional documentation may be asked by the service in order to aide in their selection of qualified candidates, this request may include, but not limited CVs, transcripts, certifications, etc.
- Health Requirements:
- Annual TB Skin Test and/or recent Chest X-Ray (within the last year)
- Evidence of Hepatitis B immunity (titer or series or vaccination series records)
- Evident of Hepatitis C titer
- Varicella titer
- All contract personnel who provide direct and/or ancillary healthcare services at VA facilities or have access to VA information systems or sensitive information are subject to fingerprint screening through the FBI prior to entry on duty. The screening results must receive favorable adjudication.
- All contract personnel must also be issued a Personal Identity Verification (PIV) compliant identity card or other approved identity card prior to start of service. Two forms of acceptable identification must be submitted for identity verification.
- Security clearance can take three to four or more weeks.
- Successful completion of mandatory VA compliance trainings prior to start.
For further information and/or to apply to this opportunity, please contact a Recruiter at [Register to View]
or email your resume to [Register to View]