Blood Bank/ Transfusion Services Medical Technologist job opening in the North East Atlanta area!
Seeking a Medical Technologist I to join our Quality Laboratory team. The Medical Technologist I is responsible for performing laboratory testing (including potency, specificity, reactivity and hemagglutination assays) and chemical evaluations (including protein, absorbance, chloride, osmolality, and pH) of company products according to approved Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) within defined timeframes. Join a global leader in transfusion and transplantation diagnostics that facilitate patient/donor compatibility worldwide. Our mission is to ensure that patients in need of blood, organs, or stem cells get the right match that is safe, accessible, and affordable.
As a Medical Technologist I, you will perform all assigned tasks following applicable laboratory SOPs, OSHA regulations and cGMP regulations (i.e. blood borne pathogens and chemical hazards). You will assist the department supervisor and/or manager with investigations, root cause analyses, and reports of out-of-specification results and deviations. You will also be responsible for maintaining and compiling Device History Records.
Additional Medical Technologist I responsibilities include:
- Monitoring supply inventory and identifying any products required
- Preparing chemical solutions, reagents, calibrators, and/or standards according to approved SOP’s
- Maintaining accurate, legible, and complete records according to Current Good Manufacturing Procedures (cGMP’s)
Our ideal candidate will have at least six months of experience in Blood Banking/Transfusion Medicine. Candidates should be professional and self-motivated with exceptional communication and strong analytical skills.
Additional Medical Technologist requirements include:
- Associate's Degree or a Bachelor's degree from a two-year/four-year college or technical school, or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong mathematical, analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Previous Blood Banking experience and/or experience working at a hospital blood bank, required
- MLT (ASCP) preferred, MT(ASCP) preferred certification designation
- Open to new graduates with certification pending
For more details please submit your resume. You can also send it directly to [Register to View]
JOB ID: KD2