This job is archived
Reference Code: NEC0918
Medical Technologist I (Blood Bank)
As the Reagent Medical Technologist, you will perform the tasks and functions associated with production and testing of the Reagent Red Cell and Solid Phase product lines. This includes operation of equipment, documentation, product control, product handling, storage, serological and instrument testing, chemistries and any other task associated with production of red cell products. Schedule is Monday – Friday 1:00pm – 9:30pm
Additional responsibilities of the Reagent Medical Technologist include:
- Performing serological (including potency, specificity, reactivity, and hemagglutination assays) and chemical evaluations (absorbance, EDTA) of Immucor products according to department procedures and within established timeframes
- Performing administrative aspects of tasks including the legible and accurate recording of test results according to department procedures, quality plans/device master records, and/or work instructions (job orders) according to cGMP and GDP
- Following applicable laboratory SOPs, OSHA regulations and cGMP regulations with respect to chemical hazards, blood-borne pathogens, etc.
- Performing inventory control tasks of in-process components or product
- Performing equipment maintenance and/or calibration and environmental monitoring in a timely manner according to applicable procedures
- Inspecting in-coming components for compliance with company specifications
- Preparing chemical solutions, reagents, calibrators and/or standards according to laboratory procedures, including liquid and dry measurements, and labeling
- Performing periodic calibration verification or recalibration of department equipment according to department protocols including computers, printers, incubators, centrifuges, mechanical shakers, washing devices, pH meter, analytical balance, spectrophotometer, etc.
- Monitoring supply inventory and identifies any products required
- Performing required statistical analysis of department’s processes
- Bachelor Degree in Medical Technology
- Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT/ASCP) or equivalent required
- Medical Technologist (MT/ASCP) preferred
- 2 years of Blood Banking lab experience required; preferably in a GMP environment.
- MLT candidates considered with 4 years of Blood Banking lab experience required; preferably in a GMP environment.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced agile environment
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to maintain a neat, clean and orderly work environment
To be considered for this position please forward your updated resume/CV to