This job is archived
Reference Code: NEC0905
Microbiology Medical Technologist (ASCP)
- Performs qualitative and quantitative tests and examinations using various analyzers and/or manual methods on specimen sources such as blood, urine, and other body fluids using established procedures.
- Performs established quality assurance procedures (quality control testing, instrument function checks and calibrations) maintains appropriate documentation and reports irregularities.
- Assesses the accuracy and validity of obtained test results by applying knowledge of relevant specific principles, recognizes changes that are critical to patient care, and identifies probable cause for irregular and atypical findings.
- Maintains records of tests and examinations and final results for all record functions and inquiries related to patient care.
- Troubleshoots instruments and resolves technical problems whenever possible, documents corrective action, and reports problems to the supervisor.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Job Type: Full-time
Education: Bachelor's (Required)
If you are interested in learning more about this position and speaking with a recruiter please send your resume to