This job is archived
Seeking a Medical Technologist ( MT or MLT) to join our quality-driven, customer-focused team. Our success is the result of the expertise and dedication of our staff, and it is their skills and professionalism that set us apart from our competitors.
-This is a full time and permanent position in the Portland area. We have a few different openings / shifts available for an MT and MLT!
-Positions offer competitive compensation, benefits, and relocation assistance.Job Details:
- The Clinical Laboratory Technician independently performs detailed and complex analyses of patient specimens. Recognizes problems, identifies causes (technical, instrument or physiological), synthesizes alternatives and determines solutions. Confirms, interprets, correlates, verifies and reports normal and abnormal patient results based on an in-depth knowledge of instrument functions, physiological principles and disease conditions. Trains and monitors other clinical laboratory personnel. Uses laboratory computer systems to obtain relevant patient information and input test results.
- Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Baccalaureate degree in science or life sciences required.
- Certification as a medical technologist (or equivalent) or as a categorical technologist (e.g., C, H, I, BB, M) by a recognized professional organization (e.g., ASCP, AMT) is preferred.
- Other approved Board Certifications as required for specialty testing such as: American Board of Bioanalysis (ABB), American Board of Clinical Chemistry (ABCC), American Board of Forensic Toxicology (ABFT), American Board of Histocompatibility and Immunogenetics (ABHI), American Board of Medical Genetics (ABMG), American Board of Medical Laboratory Immunology (ABMLI), American Board of Medical Microbiology (ABMM), National Registry for Clinical Chemists (NRCC), or other board deemed comparable by HHS. NOTE: ABFT and NRCC also certify non-doctorial individuals; however, the director of high-complexity testing must have a doctoral degree. An acceptable doctoral degree is a Doctor of Philosophy – Ph.D., Doctor of Science – [Register to View] If acceptable to the board, a Doctor of Dental Surgery – D.D.S., Doctor of Veterinary Medicine – D.V.M., Doctor of Public Health – Dr.P.H.
- A working knowledge of word processing software (e.g. Word) and demonstrated ability to learn and work efficiently with a variety of computer applications/systems as well as the ability to learn and work efficiently with a variety of laboratory computer systems.
- Oral and written communication needs to be professional, clear and concise.
- Must be able to work any shift, holiday and/or weekend as needed.
- Must be able to travel among company sites as needed.
For more information please submit your resume.
JOB # KC687