Full-time Medical Technologist needed in beautiful northern New York!
(Reference Code: KAM)
Job Summary: The Clinical Laboratory Technologist, under supervision of the lab director, assumes responsibility for the daily technical work performed in the laboratory. The Technologist performs and assists with specialized procedures. They perform and monitor QC and patient samples, attends in-services, records problems and monitors abnormalities, notifying director of problems.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Performs, evaluates and repeats patient samples and controls as necessary.
- Checks patient abnormal and panic values as required.
- Successfully performs proficiencies, including State Dept of Heath, CAP, or In-house surveys.
- Completes paperwork and notifies physician per department protocol.
- Runs calibration and linearity checks as required.
- Performs routine and unscheduled maintenance on analyzers.
- Completes and monitors preventative maintenance.
- Documents any maintenance or troubleshooting performed.
Qualifications and Skills:
* Bachelor’s Degree in Medical Technology or related field, from an accredited institution and/or MT (ASCP) registered or eligible
* NY State License for Clinical Laboratory Technologist is required
* 12 Continuing Education Credits are required each year to maintain licensure
Offering competitive compensation and complete benefits.
For more information, please submit your resume for review!