This job is archived
Full-time Reference Laboratory Technologist needed right outside of Pittsburgh!
(Reference Code: KAM)
Job Summary: This position exists to perform all aspects of routine transfusion service laboratory testing and basic serological problem resolution in the area of immunohematology. The incumbent following training and competency assessment is authorized to complete all immunohematology tests listed in Volume 3 of the Transfusion Service SOPs An index of these SOPs can be found in the Master Control System. This position also provides for the manufacturing and distribution of appropriate products for transfusion and the completion of all supporting clerical and QC activities
- Perform all routine pretransfusion testing including quality control to obtain serologically safe products for transfusion consistent with SOP and cGMP requirements.
- Resolve basic serological problems consistent with SOP and cGMP requirements.
- Perform all lab assistant responsibilities consistent with SOP and cGMP requirements as needed.
- Accurately and professionally communicate pertinent clinical information to the hospital staff and obtain necessary information from these same sources, always adhering to patient confidentiality requirements and HIPAA requirements.
- Provide technical support to internal staff and external hospital staff.
* Recent MLT, MT, BB or SBB graduate (within 6 months) that is eligible for ASCP certification required (must attain certification within 1 year of hire).
* AS degree with MLT (ASCP) certification preferred.
* BS/BA degree in medical technology, biology, or a related science with MT (ASCP) or BB(ASCP) or SBB(ASCP) strongly preferred.
* 2 -3 years previous blood bank/transfusion or general laboratory experience preferred.
Offering competitive compensation and complete benefits.
For more information, please submit your resume for review!