Full time Medical Technologist needed in Richmond, Virginia!
Join the only academic medical center in the region, providing patients with the most progressive treatments and medical technology available.
Department: ED Stat Lab
Schedule: Full time
- Bachelors degree is required
- Certification preferred per job description
- Computer skills are required
- Customer service skills are required
- Excellent communication skills are required
- Experience is preferred
Our ED Stat Lab is seeking a full time Medical Technologist. The Medical Technologist (MT) provides accurate and timely testing and results to requesting physicians and other Health care professionals for use in diagnosis and treatment of disease. The MT should consistently utilize excellent customer service skills to both internal and external customers at all times. A positive and professional interpersonal style with a strong commitment to the team effort is mandatory.
- Performance of procedures, evaluation and reporting of results as outlined in the manual of standard operating procedures.
- Notification of panic values to ordering physicians.
- Customer service oriented communications.
- Participate in teaching new employees, students, residents, etc. in areas that competency is demonstrated.
- Must complete the required number of continuing education hours per year.
- Rotating weekends as required.
- Holiday scheduling as required.
- On call availability as required and for emergency coverage on any shift.
* Bachelor's Degree in Clinical Laboratory Science (BSCLS) from an accredited program
* Certified MT (ASCP) or MLS (ASCP) or CLS (NCA) or equivalent, or ASCP categorical certification within 24 months of employment
Offering competitive compensation and complete benefits.
For more information, please submit your resume for review!