This job is archived
Seeking a Full-Time Permanent Medical Technologist for a 2nd Shift position!
Located just minutes from downtown Austin, this medical center is located in an ideal location. They have a team of over 600 healthcare professionals working together to provide inpatient, outpatient surgical, and emergency care for the greater Austin area.
This lab is continuously growing and they are currently seeking an experienced Medical Technologist to join the team! This is a full time position working Monday-Friday 2p-10p with rotating weekends. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years of blood bank experience in an acute care hospital setting.
The Medical Technologist performs routine and specialized moderate and high complexity laboratory tests on all types of blood and body fluid specimens, ensuring accurate and reliable test results by adhering to a strict quality control program.
- Follows laboratory procedure for specimen collection, handling, and processing which is appropriate to the age of the patient.
- Uses two patient identifiers during collection, receiving, and test processing.
- Monitors possible effects of pre-analytical variables and follows laboratory procedures for handling specimens that adversely affect test results.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Medical Technology, or related field.
- Certified as a Medical Technologist (MT) or Medical Lab Technician (MLT) by the American Society of Clinical Pathology (ASCP).
- Minimum of 5+ years of generalist experience in an acute care hospital laboratory performing blood bank/transfusions required.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Competitive Pay and Shift Differentials
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Matching 401(k)
- Generous PTO
- Extended Illness Bank
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Opportunities for career advancement
- Additional perks and discounts