This job is archived
Seeking a Full-Time Permanent Medical Technologist/Technician for the Microbiology Department!
This company is an industry leader and provides comprehensive anatomic, clinical, and molecular pathology services. They are privately held and physician centered and are designed to work seamlessly with medical practices to provide direct consultation when needed. They offer excellent benefits including Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, LTD, and 401(k).
The person in this position is a licensed Medical Technologist (MT or MLS) or Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT) who is responsible for day to day specimen processing, analysis and results reporting within the Hematology department. The person in this position performs the standard duties of a Medical Technologist/Technician with assistance of the Medical Technologist III Lead and Supervisor.
- Receive and process specimens according to department protocols.
- Must perform within the productivity as set forth by current departmental guidelines.
- Assists the Supervisor, Manager, and Director with administrative functions such a ordering supplies and maintaining inventory.
- Produces, interprets, and reports accurate and precise test results.
- Validates new methods.
- Handles CAP surveys.
- Associate's Degree or other qualified technical college two year certificate required.
- Must hold a valid Tennessee Laboratory License as a Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT) or Medical Technologist (MT or MLS).
- ASCP Registered.
- One year related lab experience.