This job is archived
Seeking a Full-Time Permanent Medical Technologist- Night Shift
Are you looking to advance your career as a Medical Technologist? Become part of an award winning team! This facility has a dynamic team of Medical Technologists on staff and are currently looking to add a Medical Technologist to the team! Their team of Medical Technologists take pride in the medical field.
The Medical Technologist performs laboratory testing in one or more sections of the laboratory that assists with the diagnosis of patients. The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Processes specimens, prepares reagents, performs testing procedures; reports and interprets test results.
- Performs quality control testing, instrument maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Verifies analytic accuracy, precision, sensitivity and references ranges for test methods.
- Works with Physician to analyze results and conduct more difficult, non-routine tests.
- Serves as a consultant to medical laboratory technicians and phlebotomists as needed.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
About the Facility:
Patients experience a higher standard of care at this facility and are located just south of Tampa. They are a ~380-bed acute care facility and has been named one of the top hospitals. They have a strong commitment to quality care, advanced technology and professional development and make sure their employees are well care for as well.
- Nationally recognized certification as a Medical Technologist, ASCP preferred
- Florida State Licensure as a Medical Technologist is required in all areas of the Lab
- Associate's Degree in Medical Technology with formal medical technology training. Bachelor's Degree is preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience as a Medical Technologist in a hospital laboratory is preferred.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.