Seeking a Full-Time Permanent Senior Medical Technologist for the Molecular Diagnostics Lab!
The Senior Medical Technologist will perform the duties of a technical specialist in the Laboratory. Technically, the MT Sr. will be responsible for clinical testing and result reporting in all areas where training and verification of competency are attained. Assists the supervisor in the coordination of quality control procedures, trouble shooting, maintenance of procedure manuals, training and documentation, method evaluations and inventory control in his/her primary areas of responsibility. Consistently demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills. The MT Sr. should demonstrate a strong and energetic commitment to the laboratory's mission of efficiency and quality and act as a positive role model for peers and coworkers.
- Performance, evaluation and reporting of procedures outlined in the manual of standard operating procedures.
- Notification of panic values to ordering physicians.
- Customer service oriented communications.
- Resolution of problems in testing and quality control.
- Maintenace of SOPs.
- Assume responsibilities of supervisor in his/her absence.
- Bachelor's Degree in Clinical Lab Science or Biology or related field
- Current MT (ASCP) or MLS (ASCP)
- Minimum of three years of clinical work experience as a medical technologist