This job is archived
NEW Permanent Medical Technologist III - Microbiology opening near Enfield, NH!
This is a 40-hour per week, benefitted, day-shift position. This position is required to work rotating weekend and holiday. We're is offering an $8000 sign-on/retention bonus for our full-time positions. We can also offer relocation assistance for those candidates who qualify.
- Demonstrates the knowledge, skills and ability to perform a variety of laboratory tests in a timely manner yielding accurate and precise results with a low error rate.
- Ability to appropriately troubleshoot and resolve problems. Ensures that patient results are not reported until systems are functioning properly. Clearly communicates resolutions or next steps.
- Possesses solid knowledge, skills and theory to perform job duties in the clinical laboratory.
- Performs and evaluates quality control and instrument function checks using established quality control practices to assess the functioning of the test system(s). Identifies when a QC problem exists and is able to troubleshoot and resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Operates and maintains laboratory equipment according to established laboratory procedures and/or manufacturers recommendations, including maintaining supplies. Identifies when sample, instrument, and/or procedural problems exists and takes appropriate actions to remedy the issue.
- Is able to appropriately troubleshoot problems and communicate resolutions or next steps.
- Orients and trains new laboratory staff. Trains bench personnel when new procedures or systems are put into routine use. Trains MLS or MLT/CLT students in bench procedures, basic theory, and advanced skills. Helps develop teaching and training tools.
- Actively participates in the member’s laboratory's continuing education program.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and acts in accordance with all hospital safety requirements
- Performs other duties as required or assigned.
- AS degree and minimum of 4 years of Clinical Laboratory experience or Bachelors of Science Degree and minimum of 2 years of Clinical Laboratory experience.
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant technical experience required.
- Ability to work independently and adhere to deadlines and manage changing volumes. Basic knowledge of computer software systems.
- Nationally recognized certification required within 1 year of date of hire ASCP preferred
- Current BLS certification required within 30 days of hire for those CLS employees located at Community Group Practice laboratory locations
We have roles all over the country, so even if this role isn't a fit I'm happy to help!
Healthcare Recruiter, K.A. Recruiting, Inc.[Register to View]