Experience the Matrix Providers Advantage. We strive to provide a framework of stability and structure for our valued employees, where you will experience lower provider-to-patient ratios and fair, reliable schedules. It is our honor to hire Healthcare Heroes to serve our Military Heroes, sharing in our mission to provide excellent healthcare with dignity, compassion, and pride. In return, we are proud to offer you:
- Competitive compensation and excellent benefits, including Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 401K with Employer Match
- PTO and Holiday Pay
- Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, FSA, and Commuter Benefits
- Referral Bonuses
We support our employees with an accessible dedicated representative to assist you throughout the duration of your contract. We firmly believe that a healthy work/life balance enables you to perform at your best. Our mission is to serve America’s military family by aligning exceptional healthcare workers like you with rewarding career opportunities. Come home to Matrix.
We are potentially hiring a qualified Laboratory Technician to join our team of talented professionals who provide healthcare services to our veterans and their families at Naval Hospital Camp Pendleton or other Branch/Area Health Clinics within Camp Pendleton in Oceanside, CA
- Status: Full Time
- Compensation: This is an hourly position
- Schedule: Services shall be provided Sunday through Saturday, between the hours of 0600 and 2330 hours. Shifts will normally be scheduled for an 8.5, 9, 12.5-to-13-hour period, to include an uncompensated 30 to 60-minute lunch break, respectively. In no instance will the HCW be required to provide services in excess of 80 hours per two-week period.
- Degree: Certificate.
- Education: Graduate from a medical laboratory technician training program accredited by the National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences (NAACLS) or the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES) or an educational program acceptable to the American Medical Technologist (AMT). In lieu of the education and certification requirements as listed in Section C of the Basic contract – successful completion of military training of 50 or more weeks and served as a medical laboratory specialist
- Certification: Certification/registration as determined by the American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP) or AMT as specified in the TO.
- Experience: One year of experience as specified in the TO.
- Perform a full range of clinical laboratory tests in any one or a combination of the following sections of the laboratory: hematology, chemistry, cytology, histotechnology, urinalysis, serology, microbiology, and blood bank as outlined in the TO.
- Determine the suitability of specimens for analysis. Prepare specimens for analysis and ensure that the physiologic state of the properties is maintained.
- Prepare reagents and primary reference materials as necessary. Calibrate, standardize, adjust, and maintain instruments. Verify correct instrument operation using established procedures and quality control checks. Identify the cause of common problems and make simple repairs.
- Recognize and react to indicators of malfunction. Locate and implement corrections. Obtain analytical data, convert it to a prescribed unit of reporting, as necessary, and correlate data to verify results.
- Conduct quality control procedures on equipment, reagents, and products and maintain proper records for quality control and quality assurance reports.
- Prepare specimens for transport to the MTF laboratory or for mail out.
- Prepare biological waste for proper disposal.
Matrix Providers is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For our EEO Policy Statement, please see [Register to View] To learn more about our Benefits Packages, please see [Register to View]
Matrix Providers endeavors to make [Register to View] accessible to all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please get in touch with our Recruiting Hotline Number, 1-[Register to View] , TTY LINE, [Register to View] . This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.