The Laboratory Manager is responsible for the daily operations of the laboratory, to include scheduling and direct supervision of all laboratory personnel.
- Performs clinical laboratory testing in all/or designated areas. Investigates and resolves problems/complaints from physicians, patients and their families, nursing, and other hospital personnel.
- Insures that laboratory policies and procedures are being followed by laboratory employees. Responsible for follow up, reviewing, and reporting all quality assurance issues including proficiency testing and departmental quality control.
- Provides counseling and instruction to employees as designated by the Laboratory Director. Communicates to Laboratory Director all issues concerning the functioning of the laboratory, and works closely with the Director to resolve such issues.
- Assist with preparation of bi-annual CAP inspections. Completes technical or special projects as assigned.
- Must be capable of making management decisions in the absence of the Laboratory Director.
- Responsible for reviewing daily reports as assigned. Employee will be responsible for knowledge and skill necessary to provide care based on physical, psychological, educational, safety and related criteria for the neonate, infant child, adolescent, adult and geriatric population. He/she will perform tasks as assigned by the Laboratory Director within his/her scope of training.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Medical Technology or related area of specialty
- Certification/registration as a Medical Technologist MT (ASCP) or equivalent, required
- Four years experience in a clinical laboratory
- Two to Three years supervisory experience
- Familiarity laboratory equipment, processes and procedures
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven leadership skills and problem solving skills