- Perform accurate screening and interpretation of non-gynecological FNA and fluid specimens
- Check each slide for labeling accuracy to help insure clinician receives correct results. Errors must be documented and reported to appropriate personnel for correction.
- Review each slide to check overall quality of preparation such as staining intensity and quality, proper cover slipping, and stain artifacts to help insure diagnostic accuracy
- Review and confirm that all patient information was accurately input into computer system to help insure clinician receives accurate results. Errors must be documented and reported to appropriate personnel for correction.
- Preparation and review of cytology diagnostic reports (including capturing photomicrographs and input of diagnostic codes) into laboratory computer system ensuring for accuracy of results for pathologist review