Medical Laboratory Technician - $500 Sign-On Bonus
We are looking for a qualified Lab Technician to undertake a variety of laboratory procedures of technical nature. You will be handling sensitive equipment to analyze samples or substances and conduct tests reporting findings to a laboratory manager. The ideal candidate will have experience in working under possibly hazardous conditions (e. g. pathogens or chemicals). He/She will be well-trained to maintain safety conditions and will be passionate for doing work that makes things move forward. The goal is to optimize lab procedures and succeed in producing reliable and important results that can be used to make a difference.
- Receive, label and analyze samples (blood, toxic, tissue etc.)
- Design and execute laboratory testing according standard procedures, make observations and interpret findings
- Conduct experiments under defined conditions to verify/reject various types of hypotheses using refined scientific methods
- Organize and store all chemicals substances, fluids and compressed gases according to safety instructions
- Record all data and results in specified forms (paper and electronic) with accuracy and responsibility
- Maintain equipment and assist in ordering laboratory supplies
- Ensure that all safety guidelines are followed strictly at all times and maintain a clean and orderly environment
- Proven experience as Lab Technician or relevant position
- Experience in operating electrical and nonelectrical laboratory equipment and potentially dangerous substances (flammable liquids, infectious bacteria, biohazards etc.)
- In depth knowledge of QHSE Systems, preventative measures and laboratory best practices
- Excellent physical condition and endurance
- Working knowledge of MS Office (especially Excel) and database systems
- Ability to work autonomously and under pressure
- Valid laboratory technician license
- Degree in biology, chemistry or relevant field
AKAHI ASSOCIATES LLC
AKAHI Associates is a premier provider of healthcare workers to various military treatment facilities across the United States. With a corporate office in Honolulu, Hawaii and recruiting office in San Antonio, Texas we specialize in providing skilled, trained and highly successful healthcare workers, including RNs, CRNAs, Physicians, LPN/LVN, Licensed Social Workers, and many more.
We have a strong focus on providing our government customers with quality and superior service.
Akahi Associates is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. For further information, please click the link below to view the EEO Is The Law poster.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Only qualified individuals who are being considered will be contacted for an interview