Plans, supervises and coordinates activities of the hospital clinical laboratory and services performed in associated clinic laboratories. Assures that medical technologists, medical laboratory technicians and laboratory assistants are appropriately qualified and effectively perform all phases of test order entry, specimen log-in, testing, resulting, in accordance with CLIA, other federal and state guidelines. Assures that adequate instrumentation, policies/procedures, supporting materials and equipment, including computerization, are available to carry out day-to-day functions in an efficient manner, while ensuring quality patient results. Provides both technical and administrative leadership in communications with providers, nursing and clinical support staff.
What You Will Need...
- Must meet and maintain CLIA standard for a Technical Supervisor.
- Maintain active registration as an MT either ASCP or AMT
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in chemical, physical, biological or clinic laboratory sciences or
- Minimum 5-year experience in a general high complexity laboratory as defined by CLIA as a
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a supervisory capacity in the hospital laboratory setting
In addition to the above requirements, the Lab Manager must accomplish the following:
1. Demonstration of effective oral and written communication skills.
2. Completion of a satisfactory interview.
3. Forwarding of appropriate professional references.
4. CPR/BLS Certification
Looking to relocate? I can be a resource for that!
Qualified? CLICK and APPLY NOW!