Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs standardized laboratory procedures including automated and manual testing in Hematology, Microbiology, Serology, Immunology, Clinical Chemistry, and Urinalysis.
- Collects and prepares laboratory specimens for analysis.
- Operates, maintains, calibrates, and performs quality control procedures on laboratory equipment and instruments.
- Evaluates validity of laboratory results based on results of quality control materials.
- Evaluates instrument operational problems.
- Performs routine maintenance on laboratory instruments such as Hematology Analyzers, Automated Chemistry and Immunochemistry Analyzers, Coagulation Analyzers, Microbiology Instruments, Centrifuges, Incubators, Microscopes, and other laboratory instruments.
- Reports patient results, maintains laboratory information and filing systems.
- Maintains and updates policies, standards and manuals.
- Provides Consultative Services regarding laboratory procedures, test results and examinations to physicians, clients, laboratory staff and others using the laboratory facility.
- Reviews and interprets laboratory results and data.
- Trains other personnel in performing standardized laboratory and clinical evaluations.
- Must be a registered or certified Medical Lab Technician or Clinical Laboratory Scientist or meet equivalency standards in the state of Nevada
- Proof of current TB test
- Current Hepatitis B immunization
- Must have intermediate skills in the use of Microsoft Office software such as Word and Excel
High School or better.
Licenses & Certifications
Required: MLT (ASCP)
Looking to relocate? I can be a resource for that!
Qualified? CLICK and APPLY NOW!