Medical Technologist/Medical Laboratory Technician Needed in Southern PA
*Full time and permanent position*
Generalist MT/MLT needed, all shifts available.Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs routine and/or specialized testing and procedures with supervision as appropriate.
- Performs a variety of duties at progressively greater skill levels under varying degrees of supervision; records results. May operate a variety of laboratory instruments.
- Performs quality control and instrument check procedures and maintains related records.
- Innoculates, cultivates, classifies and identifies microorganisms found in bodily fluids, exudates, skin scrapings, autopsy and surgical specimens in order to provide data on cause, treatment and prevention of infectious diseases.
- May group or type blood of donors and recipients. May determine compatibility of donor blood products with intended recipient.
- May perform chemical and/or immunological tests to identify and/or quantitate substances found in blood and other body fluids.
- Counts, describes morphology of, and performs specialized studies on blood and other body fluid cells. Performs coagulation testing.
- Cuts, stains, and mounts specimens of human tissue. Performs special stains and/or immunohistochemical testing on tissues as directed by the pathologist(s).
- Prepares and maintains paraffin, reagents, and other solutions and stains according to standard formulas.
- Trains other employees in day to day procedures.
- May consult with medical staff and other health care providers on matters relating to laboratory services.
- Performs surveys and does comparative analyses of work units; may participate in research activities and investigates new products, equipment, techniques, methodologies, and introduces, demonstrates, effects, and recommends as is appropriate.
- Enters or retrieves data from established computer files.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Medical technology or a related science
- Certified as a medical technologist or equivalent. License if required
- Completion of student clinical rotations
For more information please contact Chelsey: [Register to View] or submit your resume directly for review!