JOB SUMMARY: The person in this position is a licensed Medical Technician who is responsible for day to day processing and analysis of samples within the Laboratory. This person in this position performs advanced procedures under the direction of a Medical Technologist and assists the supervisor with day-to-day operations and development of laboratory services.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Receive and process specimens according to department protocols
- Must perform within the productivity expectations as set forth by current departmental guidelines.
- Exercise all laboratory safety precautions and adhere to lab procedures as stated in procedure manuals.
- Assists the Supervisor, Manager and Director with administrative functions such as ordering supplies and maintaining inventory.
- Serves as project leader in the development and implementation of training.
- Identify and correct problems that may adversely affect test performance or result reporting of patient samples.
- Produces, interprets and reports accurate and precise test results.
- Handles CAP surveys.
- Communicates pertinent section information/issues to supervisor, manager or other appropriate individual.
EDUCATION & LICENSURE:
- Associates Degree or other qualified technical college two year certificate required.
- Must hold a valid Tennessee State Laboratory License as a Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT).
- Maintains appropriate continuing education for certification and licensure.
- Three years of prior job-related experience preferred.
Looking to relocate? I can be a resource for that!
Qualified? CLICK and APPLY NOW!