Medical Laboratory Technician
- Full Time (80 hours/2 weeks), Permanent role
- 10 Hour or 12 hours Shifts available
- Day Shift (Hours Vary between 5:30 am to 5:00 pm)/Evening Shift (3:00 pm to 11:00 pm)
- Weekend and Holiday Rotation
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs routine and/or specialized specimen collection, processing and testing procedures with supervision as appropriate.
- Performs quality control and instrument check procedures and maintains related records.
- Makes periodic observations of materials derived from cultures and identifies types of bacterial colonies found by determination of cultural requirements and biochemical reactions in chemically-defined media.
- May group or type blood of donors and recipients.
- Counts, describes morphology of, and performs studies on blood and other body fluid cells.
- Cuts, stains, and mounts specimens of human tissue. Performs special stains on tissues as directed by the pathologist(s).
- High School or G.E.D
- Completion of MLT program; certification eligible
- Associate's Degree in Histologic technology; medical laboratory technology; or military advanced specialist Preferred
- MLT(ASCP) or HT(ASCP) within one year of date of employment
- 6 - 12 months experience required
- Other Good communication and computer skills
**Sign on bonus and relocation assistance offered if needed**
Looking to relocate? I can be a resource for that!
Qualified? CLICK and APPLY NOW