Job was saved successfully.
Job was removed from Saved Jobs.
Maxim Healthcare Services is currently seeking a Medical Laboratory Technician to provide services at our client site in support of Veteran Affairs.
Candidates must be certified as generalist Medical Technologists, Medical Laboratory
Scientists, or a Medical Technicians by the American Society of Clinical Pathologists (ASCP)
or by American Medical Technologists (AMT). Medical Technologists/Technicians must be
proficient in spoken and written English. They must be computer literate as patient documentation is directly input in the patient’s electronic
Position and Duty Requirements:
The following personnel will be supplied under the terms
of this contract upon specific request by VA NYHHS; such request will originate from Pathology and Laboratory Medicine Service and approved by the Chief of Staff.
▪ Medical Technologists, and Medical Technicians, FTE certified as generalists by ASCP (American Society of Clinical Pathology) or AMT (American Medical Technologists). “FTE” is defined as a person working 2080 hours per year or 40 hours per week, including federal holidays. (Federal holidays, lunch periods and leave are not paid.) The allocation and placement for the technologists will be determined by the service on a needed basis. In the future, it may be necessary for the personnel to be re-assigned between the two campuses, as needs change. The contractor will be provided as much notice as
possible should this become necessary.
The duties and requirements of the Medical Technologists and Medical Technicians are as
follows: Technicians are always supervised.
(1) Receives and if required, accessions into the Laboratory Information System (LIS), various specimens, e.g., blood, urine, body fluids, bacterial cultures. Checks requests to ensure that all pertinent information required to generate and communicate test results to the ordering clinician is provided.
(2) Performs manual WBC (White Blood Count) differentials and red cell morphology tests.
(3) Evaluates and determines the suitability of specimens for analysis and requests new specimens if the originals are unsuitable. Prepares specimens for analysis, ensuring that the physiologic state of properties is maintained.
(4) Operates the following Clinical Pathology analyzers, demonstrating full competence with the equipment:
(a) Chemistry (routine/immunological), e.g., Siemens, Beckman
For further information and/or to apply to this opportunity, please contact a Recruiter at [Register to View]
or email your resume to [Register to View]
Since 1988, Maxim Healthcare Services has become one of the largest employers of clinicians in the nation. At Maxim Staffing Solutions, a division of Maxim Healthcare Services, we’re known for our quality of patient care, commitment to employee development and emphasis on customer service. Maxim knows that you deserve great benefits, flexible scheduling and rewarding assignments, so our Heal...