Seeking a full-time Lead Laboratory Technologist for the Clinical Laboratory in the Westchester County area.
-The schedule is Monday - Friday 2:00 pm - 10:30 pm and rotating weekends.
-The Lead Technologist is accountable for the accuracy and reliability of all testing under his/her supervision, both patient and QC, and performing test with accuracy in a timely manner. In addition, this person is responsible to maintain supplies and proper staff coverage in all Laboratory areas which they are responsible for: Chemistry, Hematology and UA benches
Essential Functions and Job Responsibilities:
- Able to access section staffing needs and take an active role in meeting section workload needs.
- Makes sure that all staff is cross-trained in all areas within the clinical Laboratory meeting CLIA guide lines.
- Ensures that all testing performed under his/her supervision is according to established, approved procedures and quality control policies.
- Ensures that all testing is done under optimal conditions (ie. Instruments functioning properly; in good condition and proper technique followed, reagents, room temp, room humidity)
- Responsible for ensuring that all testing is completed within acceptable timing guidelines by generating and resolving up-to-date pending list.
- Responsible for maintaining section QC Control for each analyte with proper follow up.
- Makes sure that section passes all sections proficiencies and meets proficiencies dead line.
- Ensures the accurate and efficient use of the EMR/ LIS system including the Harvest downtime procedure.
- Makes sure that all maintenance procedures on all instrumentation are performed as dictated by the manufacturer.
- Participates in continuous education such as MedeLearn and API and maintains technical accuracy in all areas in the lab.
- Maintain laboratory testing related competency
- Maintain line of communication with all staff members to keep the work flow mainly during breaks and lunch
- Responsible for the maintenance and retention of all documents needed for Federal inspections.
- Responsible for keeping track of all laboratory supplies and makes sure that supplies are properly rotated to avoid expired reagents.
- Performs and/or schedules preventive maintenance and basic troubleshooting procedures on all instruments as needed, with proper documentation in Share Point.
- Participates in the evaluation of new products and procedures as required/requested.
- Maintains an open line of communication with Peers, Manager and Pathologists.
- Meets with Manager as needed to address section needs.
- Complies with all policies and OSHA regulations related to safety, cleanliness and infection control.
- Performs other ancillary duties as directed by competent authority.
- Lab technologist under CLIA
- NY State licensed as a Clinical Laboratory Technologist
- Bachelors degree
- Broad knowledge of tests performed and equipment utilized in the laboratory.
- Ability to deal with confidential information with the utmost discretion
- Interpersonal skill necessary to deal courteously and effectively with administration, peers and the public
- Sufficient technical ability to be able to troubleshoot independently and knowledge to know when to ask for assistance
- Guide and work with staff maintaining Team Work at all times
We provide a modern office environment, state-of-the-art equipment and technology as well as competitive benefits and salary. Our benefits include medical, dental, free copays for employees who see company physicians, discounted vision glasses, life insurance, AD&D insurance, short-term and long-term disability, 401k and profit sharing, flexible spending plans, and more. Company has also been GreatRated! as a Great Place to Work, the global authority on high-trust, high-performance workplace cultures.
For more details please submit your resume. You can also send it directly to [Register to View]
JOB ID: KD27