Clinical Laboratory QA/QC Coordinator
*Full time and permanent*
Looking to join a well respected medical group in the Hudson Valley of NY?
The schedule is Monday - Friday 10:00 am - 6:30 pm.
The QA/ QC Coordinator is accountable for working with the Laboratory manager to develop and maintain the lab’s and remote sites’ QA program and ensuring that the organization meets all regulatory requirements.
Essential Functions and Job Responsibilities:
- Perform periodic calibration, including linearity and validation studies as needed, for instrumentation. Helps with troubleshooting instruments. Must visit all testing sites on a regular basis to ensure all requirements are being met.
- Perform internal audits for all sites.
- Travel to different locations ( up to 20 %)
- Perform and document training and competencies for staff
- Responsible for keeping track of, entering, monitoring and evaluating Proficiency Testing for all testing sites.
- Evaluates QC results for all tests. Compiles QA reports as directed.
- Responsible for performing maintenance procedures on and operation of the instrumentation as dictated by the manufacturer.
- Investigates and resolves problems; informs laboratory Manager of any and all serious problems.
- Responsible for the maintenance and retention of all documents needed for Federal/ State inspections as directed by the Manager.
- Responsible for keeping track of all laboratory supplies and letting the Manager know when orders need to be placed.
- Complies with all WMG policies and OSHA regulations related to safety, cleanliness and infection control.
- Writes and updates SOP’s
- Performs other ancillary duties as directed by competent authority.
- New York State License as a Medical Technologist - Required
- Certification as a lab technologist under C.L.I.A
- 5 years of Clinical Lab experience
- Broad knowledge of tests performed and equipment utilized in the laboratory
- Prior QC/QA experience
- Ability to deal with confidential information with the utmost discretion
- Interpersonal skill necessary to deal courteously and effectively with administration, peers and the public
- Sufficient technical ability to be able to troubleshoot independently and knowledge to know when to ask for assistance
For more information please submit your resume directly or email your resume to [Register to View]