This is a full time position offering a competitive compensation and benefits.
Primary responsibility is to perform tests on body fluids to provide information for the diagnosis and treatment of patients. Proper handling of specimens, which will be analyzed at a later time, is imperative. The ability to organize work to insure that priority testing is efficiently performed is required. Work will be performed while upholding guiding behaviors, standards and adherence to Core Values. Clinical Laboratory Technologists may also perform duties of Charge Technologists when called upon provided they have six (6) years experience as a Clinical Laboratory Technologist. Charge Technologist duties include operational functions such as patient and QC review, log sheet review, emergency scheduling, communications to other hospital officials as well as laboratory leadership, instrument service deployment authorization, safety related command, and other operational duties that require leadership action.
- B.S. degree in Medical Technology or related discipline required
- NYS Licensure required
- Must obtain valid NYS limited license within 30 days or full NYS license within 90 days of graduation
- Clinical rotation from an accredited school, in a hospital setting
- Clinical laboratory work experience if acting as a Charge Technologist as required by NYS
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- Able to work safely with infectious and/or hazardous materials
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Customer focused
For more details please submit your resume. You can also send it directly to [Register to View]
JOB ID: KD23878