Come Join a 133-Bed Full Service Hospital Laboratory
Great Location in Upstate New York
Evening or Night Shift
Performs, interprets and evaluates routine and complex diagnostic procedures applying the principles, theories and techniques of clinical laboratory sciences. Participates in continuous quality improvement activities and educational experiences in support of departmental philosophy and objectives, as well as, initiatives.
- Proficiently performs a wide variety of clinical laboratory analysis on patient specimens using automated, semi-automated, or manual testing procedures according to laboratory policy and procedure. Assures that outgoing lab reports are properly completed and disseminated in a timely matter.
- Ability to operate, calibrate, maintain and troubleshoot laboratory instrumentation following policy and procedures or manufacture’s published specifications while maintaining adequate records.
- Performs quality control testing to ensure proper functioning of instruments, reagents and procedures, and accurately documents according to established guidelines. Performs and records daily temperature checks and instrument checks initiating remediation when necessary.
- Capably collects blood and other specimens (venous, capillary and arterial) from patients following appropriate infection control, and patient safety guidelines at all times, making sure that all specimens are meticulously identified, labeled and logged correctly.
- Actively assists in the orientation and training of medical technology students and new employees.
- Actively assists and develops new procedures, and participates in a variety of special projects as assigned.
- Regularly rotates through all areas of the laboratory as scheduled in order to maintain technical skills. Demonstrates satisfactory performance in all areas of the clinical laboratory by ensuring completion of the lab’s competency assessment program.
- Maintains a safe, clean and organized work area at all times.