(Reference Code: JAW1296)
NEW Cytotechnologist opening with a great organization in Nassau County, NY!
This new opening is with a high volume laboratory located on Long Island. They are actively looking for an ASCP Certified Cytotechnologist to join their team. This is an excellent opportunity for a Tech to enhance and diversify their clinical skills while working in a position that provides optimal work/life balance!
Shift: Days, Evenings or Nights (Flexible)
Responsible for the cytological examination of gyn specimens which includes initial screening and reporting of normal and abnormal cases. Retrieves previous histories to refer cases for QC review. Refers all abnormal cases for final pathology review and diagnosis. May screen non-gyn breast cases for the pathologists. Adheres to departmental policies and procedures to include departmental programs, quality control, quality assurance and safety.
BS Degree in Cytotechnology, Medical Technology, Clinical Laboratory Science or completion of a one year course of study at an accredited school of Cytotechnology
- NYS Department of Education License as a Cytotechnologist
- ThinPrep and SurePath certified
- Certified in the area of Cytotechnology by the American Society of Clinical Pathologists (ASCP) or ASCP eligible preferred
- Competitive Salary
- Health, Dental, Life and Vision Insurance
- Long Term and Short Term Disability
- 401 (k)
- Internal Promotions
- Paid time off (PTO)
- And more!