Seeking a full time Laboratory Technologist (MT) with Blood Bank experience for our Reference Lab in Tennessee!
Must have State of Tennessee license as a medical technologist and Bachelor Degree in related field. Bachelors in medical technology preferred. MT (ASCP) certification, BB or SBB certification or eligibility preferred.
Minimum two years’ experience in blood banking as a medical technologist. Skill in advanced serologic procedures is mandatory
Reference Laboratory Technologist (MT)
Basic Accountability Statement:
Performing all laboratory tests and special procedures necessary for processing of donor blood and components to enhance the well-being of our community by providing safe, adequate and economical supply of blood products.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Always maintain a safe and hazard free work environment by following the policies and procedures of Medic’s safety guidelines, AABB and FDA standards.
- Operate and maintain laboratory equipment in a safe, clean and orderly manner.
- Perform routine and special laboratory procedures for testing of blood products, included but not limited to: donor testing, quality control testing, component preparation, suitability of returned components, screening for antigen negative blood, and labeling of blood components.
- Perform special component processing, included but not limited to: washing, freezing, and deglycing.
- Perform as a batch review and release technologist to verify the acceptability of blood products for transfusion and manufacturing use.
- Review, screen and analyze daily testing results, laboratory worksheets, reports and all other documentation required.
- Assist hospital transfusion services with compatibility problems.
- Analyze and implement resolutions to problems encountered in laboratory procedures.
- Ability to understand and promote all aspects of Medic donor programs, including but not limited to: Medic membership and types of donations
- Ensure all quality standards are upheld by following all policies of Medic, Medic’s Standard Operation Procedures (SOP), Code of Federal Regulation (CFR), state regulations and AABB standards.
- Demonstrate a high level of customer service, team work, professionalism and confidentiality
- Continuously develop skill sets with attending any of the following: education programs, in-service training, and seminars.
- Stock supplies when needed
For more details please submit your resume. You can also send it directly to [Register to View]
JOB ID: KD87888