(Reference Code: JAW1281)
New opening for a Medical Technologist that specializes in Microbiology. This opening is with one of the top anatomic pathology laboratories in the region and as they continue to expand their services, they are looking for experienced Technologists to join their growing staff. If you are comfortable working in a fast-paced setting with opportunities to diversify your clinical experience, then this might be the position for you!
Position: Medical Technologist - Microbiology
Location: Central Tennessee
Shift: Wednesday - Sunday: 6:00 AM - 2:30 PM
- Receive and process specimens according to department protocols.
- Design and update procedures to promote maximum efficiency/accuracy of testing and reporting.
- Assists the Supervisor, Manager and Director with administrative functions such as ordering supplies and maintaining inventory.
- Produces, interprets and reports accurate and precise test results.
- Identify and correct problems that may adversely affect test performance or result reporting of patient samples.
- Communicates pertinent section information/issues to supervisor, manager or other appropriate individual.
- Performs instrument maintenance and method troubleshooting.
- Validates new methods.
- Handles CAP surveys.
- Addresses client concerns.
- Assists in documentation and maintaining effective department QA/QC programs and monitors.
EDUCATION & LICENSURE:
- Bachelors Degree
- National certification by the American Society of Clinical Pathology (ASCP) as a Clinical Laboratory Specialist as a Medical Technologist (MT).
- Must hold a valid Tennessee Medical Technologist License.
- Maintains appropriate continuing education for certification and licensure.
- One year job-related experience required.
For more information, please Apply Now or send a copy of your updated resume to [Register to View]