Full-time Cytotech needed at a top facility in Florida!
(Reference Code: KAM)
Job summary: Responsible for staining, mounting and studying cells of the human body, under a microscope, to detect evidence of cancer, hormonal abnormalities, and other pathological conditions, following established standards and practices.
* Bachelor’s Degree in the field of Laboratory Science or equivalent under the 1988 Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) guidelines of high complexity testing.
* Completion of a Cytotechnologist program accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs.
* Board of Certification (BOC) by the American Society of Clinical Pathologists (ASCP).
* Florida State Licensure.
- Maintains effective laboratory operations by adhering to standards of specimen collection, preparation, or laboratory safety.
- Documents specimens by verifying patient and specimen identification.
- Prepares microscopic slides from specimens of human cells.
- Mounts, stains, and examines smears under a microscope to evaluate specimen quality and recommends acceptance or rejection to Pathologist.
- Examines cell samples under the microscope to detect abnormalities in the color, shape, or size of cellular components and patterns.
- Classifies and distinguishes abnormal cell structures and reports abnormalities to Pathologists for further examination.
- Provides patient clinical data or microscopic findings to assist Pathologists in the preparation of pathology reports.
- Maintains roster of patients requiring follow-up analysis and advises Pathology of cell changes in subsequent specimen analysis.
- Prepares and analyzes samples, such as Papanicolaou (PAP) smear, body fluids, and fine needle aspirations (FNAs), to detect abnormal conditions.
- Enters data from analysis of medical tests and clinical results into the information system for storage.
- Utilizes centrifuge to separate cells and sediment from blood serum.
- Operates, calibrates and maintains equipment used in quantitative and qualitative analysis, such as spectrophotometers, calorimeters, flame photometers, and computercontrolled analyzers.
- Establishes and monitors quality assurance programs and activities to ensure the accuracy of laboratory results.
- Performs quality control checks of instruments, solutions, and test results against established standards.
- Adjusts, maintains, or repairs laboratory equipment such as microscopes.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Offering competitive compensation and complete benefits!!
For more information, please submit your resume for review or email it to me directly: [Register to View]