- Seeking a full time Clinical Laboratory Technologist - HLA Lab to join a great team!
Join one of the most comprehensive blood centers in the world, our focus is on cultivating excellence by merging cutting-edge innovation with diligent customer service, groundbreaking research, and comprehensive program and service development. Join our team as we work towards meeting and exceeding the growing needs of our diverse communities, further our lifesaving strategic goals in a rapidly changing environment, and expand our impact on the local, national, and global communities we serve.Responsibilities
In this role, you will perform typing for HLA Class I and Class II antigens and alleles by using molecular DNA typing methods (sequence specific primer, reverse sequence specific oligonucleotide and sequence based typing), and/or perform genomic DNA purification; as well as quality control procedures.
- Performing daily entry of required specimen information and testing requisition into laboratory’s database.
- Handling required procedures for genomic DNA purification and quantitation.
- Performing high complexity testing using HLA Class l and Class ll typing methods established in the lab.
- Utilizing required equipment to perform HLA testing.
- Using analysis software to generate HLA typing assignments and documenting results under supervision.
- Performing and documenting QC of test reagents and function/performance of equipment.
- Performing and documenting laboratory and equipment maintenance.
- Storing DNA samples by using computer software to document freezer location.
To qualify, you must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Biological Sciences or a related area, along with 0-3 years of biomedical laboratory experience. NYS Clinical Laboratory Technician or Technologist License, the ability to follow SOPs, and carry out comprehensive quality control procedures will be expected, as will knowledge of chemical, physical or biological sciences and clinical laboratory training within an accredited institution. Superior organizational, oral/written communication, interpersonal, problem-solving and leadership skills are all essential.
For more information please submit your resume. You can also send it directly to [Register to View]
JOB ID: KD3