Seeking a Medical Laboratory Technologist or Medical Laboratory Technician (MT or MLT) to join a great health system in Minnesota! This position is located a quick drive (about 80 miles) from Minneapolis, MN!
Summary for MT:
Performs diagnostic testing on patient samples to aid physicians in the diagnosis and/or monitoring of various disease states. Follows standardized procedures in preparing, analyzing and resulting of body fluid specimens. Demonstrate ability to function in all areas for the clinical laboratory including blood bank, chemistry, hematology, microbiology, serology/immunology, urinalysis and phlebotomy. Requires a bachelor's degree and must be a certified medical technologist (Clinical Laboratory Scientist). Reports to the laboratory manager or technical supervisor.
Job Duties for MT:
- Conduct chemical analysis of body fluids, including blood, urine and spinal fluid to determine presence of normal and abnormal components.
- Able to successfully procure blood samples from all age groups, and assists in the processing of bone marrow aspirations.
- Identifies patients with 2 identifiers and labels and processes specimens accurately 100%.
- Proficient in accurately report Moderate and highly complex CLIA test results in the areas of Blood Bank, Hematology, Chemistry, Urinalysis, Serology, Microbiology, Coagulation and Miscellaneous areas.
- Documents in a clear and concise manner as needed for critical and abnormal results or any other adverse situation.
- Documents supply shortages on the "supply order form" to notify the manager for future supply orders.
- Develops or produces in-service education programs or competency evaluation programs for Laboratory related items.
- Assumes responsibility for enhancing personal and professional development. Performs at a minimum of 12 independent or workshop CEU's/year.
- Uses the Quality Control Program accurately and extensively to meet the standards set up by the laboratory and regulating agencies. Resolves or seeks assistance with QC problems successfully 100%.
- Takes the lead in collecting, organizing and processing QC/QA data 50%.
- Must be able to plan and act independently in most situations. Individual recognizes situations that require consultation.
- Serves as designated Section Head in area specified by the laboratory manager, and provides assistance in maintaining procedure manuals as needed.
- Able to understand the reasoning behind a test order and coordinate the test results with the patient history to aid the physician to a diagnosis.
- Able to multitask and keep composure in a setting that is constantly changing and with a great deal of outside interruption.
- Communicates important information to the next shift or the following day. Acts on information forwarded to them in a concise and accurate way.
- Attends meetings in the absence of the laboratory manager & disseminates information accordingly.
- Follows Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) regulations 100%.
- Maintains courteous and professional manner in dealing with patients, visitors, medical practitioners and co-workers.
- Manage and operate laboratory equipment safely and correctly.
Required Education and Experience
- 2 year Medical Laboratory Technician program
- or Bachelor's degree in Medical Technology and an approved internship ASCP Certification or equivalent.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Hospital and/or Clinic experience
Company Benefits Overview
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Life Insurance and Voluntary Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement, Discounts and Scholarships Programs
- Retirement Plans
- Long-Term and Short-Term Disability
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Account
- Wellness Program
- Service and Pharmacy Discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Holiday Pay
This facility is located about 50 minutes from St Cloud and 1.5 hour from Minneapolis, MN!
For more details please submit your resume. You can also send it directly to [Register to View]
JOB ID: KD28