Looking for an experienced Cytotech (ASCP required)
Become a part of a top integrated health care delivery system!
The Health System has combined two of the region's major hospitals that have been servicing this area for more than 100 years. They are continually growing and looking to better serve this region by bringing on strong healthcare professionals to join their team. This facility is looking to hire someone that will join their team long-term and is committed to their employees.
- ASCP required; must be graduate of an accredited Cytology program
- M - F (no weekends) day shift
- Start time varies between 7a and 8a
- Candidate must be trained in microscopic evaluation of gynecological (pap smears) and non gynecological (body fluids) specimens
- Primary duty is the microscopic evaluation of pap smears
- Additional duties: processing of Non GYN specimens, assisting on final needle aspirates, microscopic evaluation of Non GYN specimens, pap smear registration and accessioning, pap smear processing, pap smear staining, stainer maintenance
- The processing, registration, and accessioning is typically done by support staff but the Cytotechs cover for PTO, FMLA, call offs, or when it is needed based on volume
- Equipment - Thin Prep processors, Thin Prep imager, Leica stainer
- Will work directly with 3 Board Certified Cytopathologists and 1 other Cytotech
- Volume: 10,000 pap smears/yea and 3,000 non gyn/year
- Reports to Clinical Lab Manager
For more information please email [Register to View] .