Full-time Blood Bank Manager needed at a top facility in California!
(Reference Code: KAM)
Under limited direction, this position is responsible for managing the overall activities and providing skilled technical oversight in the laboratory. Works with other team members to ensure timely, quality, test results.
- Performs all assigned duties in compliance with internal SOPs and external regulations. Brings compliance issues to the attention of management.
- Assures quality customer service to all customers.
- Hires, supervises, trains, and evaluates performance of assigned personnel. Identifies and effectively resolves personnel issues.
- Oversees all testing procedures (including quality control testing) to ensure compliance with practices, regulations, and/or any agreements/contracts.
- Reviews and updates policies, protocols, and procedure manuals to ensure compliance with policies and accrediting agencies.
- Maintains statistical information and reports of test data and quality control. Prepares activity reports and interprets, prepares and distributes statistical data regarding the laboratory. Ensures corrective action is implemented and brings issues to the attention of management.
- Identifies and resolves problems related to equipment, computer software and hardware, test systems, reagent and technical issues within area(s) of responsibility. Ensures appropriate preventive maintenance and repair is performed on all technical equipment.
- Manages the ongoing technical and professional development of staff.
- Is responsible for oversight of supply and reagent inventory.
- Leads or participates on process improvement teams.
- Assists with developing and monitoring assigned budget.
- Performs all other duties, at the discretion of management, as assigned.
* Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred.
* Must satisfy CLIA requirements for High Complexity Testing.
* Specialist in Blood Banking (SBB) certification required.
* CA CLS/MT required.
* Seven years clinical laboratory experience required, including three years supervisory experience. Previous supervisory experience and experience in molecular techniques, immunohematology/ IRL techniques, automated testing preferred.
Offering competitive compensation and complete benefits!!
For more information, please submit your resume for review or email it to me directly: [Register to View]