Full-time Clinical Laboratory Technologist needed at a top HLA Lab in New York!
(Reference Code: KAM)
In this role, you will perform typing for HLA Class I and Class II antigens and alleles by using molecular DNA typing methods (sequence specific primer, reverse sequence specific oligonucleotide and sequence based typing), and/or perform genomic DNA purification; as well as quality control procedures.
- Performing daily entry of required specimen information and testing requisition into laboratory’s database.
- Handling required procedures for genomic DNA purification and quantitation.
- Performing high complexity testing using HLA Class l and Class ll typing methods established in the lab.
- Utilizing required equipment to perform HLA testing.
- Using analysis software to generate HLA typing assignments and documenting results under supervision.
- Performing and documenting QC of test reagents and function/performance of equipment.
- Performing and documenting laboratory and equipment maintenance.
- Storing DNA samples by using computer software to document freezer location.
To qualify, you must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Biological Sciences or a related area, along with 0-3 years of biomedical laboratory experience. NYS Clinical Laboratory Technician or Technologist License, the ability to follow SOPs, and carry out comprehensive quality control procedures will be expected, as will knowledge of chemical, physical or biological sciences and clinical laboratory training within an accredited institution. Superior organizational, oral/written communication, interpersonal, problem-solving and leadership skills are all essential.
Offering competitive compensation and complete benefits!!
For more information, please submit your resume for review or email it to me directly: [Register to View]