Supervisor of Laboratory Services, Blood Bank / Reference Lab:
Are you a laboratory professional with leadership experience looking to use your skills in a new way? As the Supervisor, Laboratory Services, you will supervise and coordinate daily lab functions in a GMP environment. In this management role you will coordinate the training of new and incumbent employees on equipment, documentation, product control, product handling, storage, and any other task associated with making sure our products meet our quality standards. If you would like to join an organization where your skill and expertise will be valued, and if you meet our qualifications, apply today!
As a Supervisor, Laboratory Services, you will ensure strong GMP environment, assist with review and approving of test data, prepare validation documents, write, review and create SOPs and OJTs. You will serve as the main point of contact for Laboratory Services.
Additional responsibilities of the Supervisor, Laboratory Services include:
- Follows applicable laboratory SOPs, OSHA regulations and cGMP regulations (i.e. Chemical hazards and blood borne pathogens), applicable laboratory OSHA regulations with respect to chemical hazards, blood-borne pathogens, etc.
- Technical writer for SOPs, OJTs and creation of metrics for lab services.
- Performs administrative tasks and duties, when applicable; including the required recording of test results according to department procedures, quality plans/device history records, and/or work instructions (manufacturing records) and assisting with review of generated records.
- Oversees training, retraining, and competency assessment of employees.
- Participates in the internal audit process.
- Directs daily workflow within the Quality Laboratory.
- Assigns testing duties as needed.
- Assists with special projects (such as Surveys and Validations) and other duties as assigned.
- Assists Manager, Laboratory Services with employee appraisals and competency assessments.
- Performs department Technical Review of documents prepared in the laboratory.
As a Supervisor, Laboratory Services, you must have a demonstrated ability to adhere closely to department procedures at all times. Also, you must possess people skills that will allow you to lead the lab, maintain department morale, and interact cooperatively with workers from other departments.
Specific requirements for this management role will include:
- Bachelor's Degree in Science related field, required
- MT (ASCP) or SBB certification, preferred
- Lean Six Sigma certification, preferred
- 5-7 years of experience in Blood Banking, required
- 5 years of experience in a Lab, preferred
- 1+ years supervisor experience, required
- 3+ years of experience in regulated/ GMP environment
- Ability to successfully manage a team of 5-10 employees
- Strong Interpersonal skills
- Must understand FDA and ISO standards applicable to the department and consequences of non-conformance
For more details please submit your resume. You can also send it directly to [Register to View]
JOB ID: KD2