- Position Summary
- Coordinates and supervises all technical and administrative activities of the assigned clinical laboratory department related to the performance of routine and/or specialized tests. May monitor all procedures and quality control/ quality assurance practices and proficiency testing programs in a manner that ensures the accuracy and validity of tests results in a timely fashion, compliance with the requirements of appropriate regulatory agencies, and a high level of service to all clients. Selects, trains, and schedules employees. Monitors and evaluates employee performance. Ensures staff completion of all mandated safety and compliance programs. Depending on site, will assist in long-range planning and budget preparation, allocating resources within the established budget. Interacts with staff and clients providing clinical information as appropriate. functions as a working supervisor, performing clinical laboratory technical/testing functions as needed.
- Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Knowledge of clinical laboratory functions, practices and procedures usually acquired through a Bachelor’s degree in Medical Technology (strongly preferred) or an equivalent science, and an in-depth knowledge of laboratory operations, and personnel management acquired through two-three years of progressive experience in a clinical laboratory and/or specimen management department or equivalent combination of experience and education are required.
- Certification as a medical technologist (or equivalent) or as a categorical technologist (e.g., C, H, I, BB, M) by a recognized professional organization (e.g., ASCP, AMT) is required.
- A working knowledge of word processing software (e.g. Word) and demonstrated ability to learn and work efficiently with a variety of computer applications/systems as well as the ability to learn and work efficiently with a variety of laboratory computer systems.
- Must be able to work any shift, holiday and/or weekend as needed.
- Must be able to travel among company sites as needed.
For more details please submit your resume. You can also email it directly to [Register to View] g.com
JOB ID: KD3